Thomas Evan Morgan graduated from Ohio University with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration in 1971 and Ohio Northern University's College of Law with a Juris Doctor degree in 1975.
For 35 years Mr. Morgan has been an attorney and counselor of law specializing in workers' compensation and social security law. His expert knowledge and performance has earned him the highest peer-review rating, AV Preeminent,* through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Morgan is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States, United States District Courts and The Supreme Court of Ohio. Tom is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, the Ohio Association for Justice and the Columbus Bar Association.
In addition to practicing law, Tom is a dedicated community volunteer. In 2008 he was named the Special Olympic Coach of the Year ("The Jimmy Crum and Dr. Frank Sobolewski's Coach of the Year of Athletes with a Disability") coaching softball to inner-city athletes. Tom is also a certified lacrosse referee for high school and middle school as well as the community appointed commissioner of its youth football league with a roster of over 200 players. This dedicated father has enjoyed coaching each of his four children in softball, baseball and football. As a fundraiser Tom successfully chaired a committee raising $1.5 million to renovate the Upper Arlington High School stadium.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Social Security Disability
- Ohio, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1975
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. - 1975
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- B.B.A. - 1971
Honors and Awards
- Highest Rating (AV) that a lawyer may receive by the Nation's Oldest and most trusted rating of lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Special Olympic Coach of the Year ("The Jimmy Crum and Dr. Frank Sobolewski's Coach of the Year of Athletes with a Disability")
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- The Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- The Columbus Bar Association, Member
- What To Do After A Work Injury
- Types Of Work Injuries
- Maximizing Your Compensation
- Medical Treatment
- Workers’ Compensation Appeals
- Will I Lose My Job?
- Employer Violation Of Specific Safety Requirement (VSSR)
- Was Your Claim Denied?
- Unable To Work Due To Injury
- Wrongful Death