What Can You Do If Your Claim Is Denied?
If your workers’ comp claim is denied, the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) will send a letter explaining the reason for your rejection. You may be denied due to a variety of factors, including lacking sufficient injury evidence, filing your claim past its deadline or making a claim for an injury not reimbursable through workers’ compensation. Fortunately, a claim denial is not final. If you believe that your claim was wrongly rejected, you can hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to appeal the decision.
Was your claim wrongly denied? Call Morgan & Justice at 800-948-6200 or 614-258-1133 to schedule a free case consultation with our skilled lawyers. We will carefully evaluate your case to provide the legal counsel you require.
Thorough Case Investigation To Protect Your Benefits
Our attorneys have over 50 years of workers’ compensation experience. We understand what evidence the BWC requires to accept a claim and how to secure maximum benefits. For best results, you should contact our firm immediately after your accident; however, we can step in at any stage of the claim process.
Our Ohio lawyers are detail-oriented and can quickly identify areas of weakness to strategically improve your application and enhance your chances of success. Our attorneys are additionally experienced with the appeals process and can represent your case before the court of appeals if necessary.
Take Measures To Protect Your Claim
If possible, it is preferable to avoid a workers’ compensation denial altogether. To provide your claim with the best chance of success:
- File an injury report with your employer immediately after your accident.
- File a workers’ compensation claim with the BWC within two years of your injury.
Obtain medical treatment for your injury.
- Collect evidence to support your claim.
- Adhere to all claim deadlines or you may forfeit your right to benefits.
- Discuss your case with our attorneys to ensure that you adhere to all claim requirements.
Contact Us For Knowledgeable Counsel
If you are looking to secure workers’ compensation benefits after a workplace illness or injury, call Morgan & Justice at 800-948-6200 or 614-258-1133 to schedule a free consultation. You may also reach our Columbus office online. You do not pay us unless we secure compensation on your behalf.
- What To Do After A Work Injury
- Types Of Work Injuries
- Maximizing Your Compensation
- Medical Treatment
- Workers’ Compensation Appeals
- Will I Lose My Job?
- Employer Violation Of Specific Safety Requirement (VSSR)
- Was Your Claim Denied?
- Unable To Work Due To Injury
- Wrongful Death